My Review of the Ozzy Osbourne Action Figure released by Macfarlane Toys in 1999.
Here’s My Ozzy Osbourne Action Figure, & as I remember, I bought him in a model shop in town. Standing a little jaded he has stood the test of time and moved with me to about 5 different addresses. I’ve had this little fella for well over 15 years now, but I don’t have the original box and I’m quite annoyed about this as it’s a great collectors item. However, packaging issues aside, I do like to keep Ozzy ornamental. So right now he’s out of the box & on display, but if you ever get one, I would advise you to keep the Macfarlane boxing somewhere safe.
Ozzy Osbourne Action figure-Details & Features.
- Ozzy came with Bats and a Crucifix that can be raised aloft. This is removable and not moulded into his hands. Sadly at the time of taking these photo’s I can’t find it.
- At his feet, you can display the bloodied headless Doves and scatter some Bats.
- Blood runs down the left side of his mouth.
- Long flowing cloak that looks cool with 2 skulled broaches over his shoulder.
- His boots are well detailed too, moulded with chains and studded straps although again Ozzy has never wore such boots on stage in his solo career.
- Wearing 3 physical bracelets on each arm that are not moulded into the plastic.
- There is some good detail, like the tattoos of his demon on his muscled torso & the Rose on his left shoulder with Sharon below. These tattoos are more in keep with the late 80’s – 90’s as the metal madman now sports a full sleeve of ink.
- His chest is adorned with 3 chains and his famous Crucifix that each band member wore in the Sabbath days. (His father Jack gave them each member to ward off a curse after turning down a gig at Stonehenge.)
The Ozzy action figure comes with a backdrop of 3 arched stained glass windows. The central arch has a cross with Celtic style weaving. The other 2 that stand abreast are detailed with a climbing rose bush. Hmmm? Not exactly Metal?
Over the top is the distinctive Ozzy Osbourne logo that was first published on the No More Tears Album.
Summary of Ozzy Action Figure.
- Doesn’t look like Ozzy.
- Looks like he’s been on Steroids.
- Plastic backdrop Stained glass arches have warped over time.
- I would advise to keep him out of sunlight and Bats/Doves away from small children.
- If you move his legs his stance looks either plain wrong! or funny.
- Accessories can easily get lost.
A great ornamental model, better than the cartoonish ones I’ve seen. However a very inflated and over exaggerated action figure. Sadly, he looks more like Dez Fafara on steroids than the charismatic Sabbath front man.
So that’s my take on things. It’s a shame Macfarlane toys didn’t give Ozzy a life like resemblance. Saying that I wouldn’t ever sell or give this away & after all, as a collector I did go out and buy this.
Wrapping things up here, I’d like to know if you have any Action Figures Or Dolls? Are you happy with what you bought or got as a gift? If you have a collectors item or a story, then go ahead & let me know in the comment box below.
Look forward to it!